BIGELOW TEAPROUDLY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Bigelow TeaProudly Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a social media and online daily Sweepstakes that begins on 1/19/17 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 3/31/17 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (the “Promotion Period”).
Throughout the Promotion Period, eligible entrants will have the opportunity to snap a candid photo of himself/herself and then share the photo in the form of a post on Instagram or Twitter (collectively, the “Social Platforms”); or online at www.teaproudly.com (the “Website”), with the overall completion this process constituting a submission (the “Submission”), as more fully set forth below. Submissions must include a photo of the entrant demonstrating how they TeaProudly as part of the social media post or online entry. Examples of how a person demonstrates TeaProudly includes showing off your to-go mug, after an amazing meal, showing your favorite tea setting, or any personal display that makes your proud to be part of the tea community. For purposes of these Official Rules, a “Day” is defined as any 24-hour period beginning at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ending at 11:59:59 PM (ET); and a “Week” is defined as a seven (7) calendar day period during the Promotion Period beginning on a Thursday at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ending seven (7) days later on a Wednesday at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (except for the last Week of the Sweepstakes which covers a nine (9) day period which begins on a Thursday and ends nine (9) days later on a Friday). Non-winning Weekly entries will not be rolled over into subsequent Weekly Drawings. There will be twenty (20) Weekly winners (two hundred (200) total winners for the Promotion Period) in the Sweepstakes that will be randomly selected at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of R.C. Bigelow, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of R.C. Bigelow, Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and other agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
a. INSTAGRAM. You may enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram by going to https://www.instagram.com, log into your Instagram account and post your Submission along with the hashtag #TeaProudly and the hashtag #Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Hashtags”). Submission must be posted to the entrant’s non-private Instagram account and MUST include the Hashtags to be eligible as an entry into the Sweepstakes. You must be a registered Instagram member to enter via the Instagram method of entry. Instagram account registration and Sweepstakes entry is free.
b. TWITTER. You may enter the Sweepstakes via Twitter by logging into https://www.twitter.com, log into your Twitter account and tweet your Submission along with the Hashtags. All Twitter Submissions must be posted to a non-private Twitter account and MUST include the Hashtags to be eligible as an entry into the Sweepstakes. You must be a registered Twitter member to enter via the Twitter method of entry. Twitter account registration and Sweepstakes entry is free.
c. WEBSITE: You may enter the Sweepstakes via the Website method of entry by going online to www.TeaProudly.com and complete the online registration with the information requested, and then follow the instructions to complete your Submission.
Direct any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes to Sponsor, not Instagram or Twitter. Limit one (1) entry per person, per Day in the Sweepstakes – regardless of method of entry. Non-winning Weekly entries will not rollover into any subsequent Weekly drawings.
Each Submission must meet the following “Submission Requirements” (any Submission that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
· Social Platform Submission must be posted to a non-private social media account; the social media accounts associated with this Sweepstakes can be obtained for free at the respective social media platform or in the applicable app store;
· Entrant must be the rightful owner of the social media account/email account associated with a Social Platform/Website Submission and photo included as part of the Submission must only include the entrant – no other individuals may be included in the photo;
· Social Platform Submission must comply with the social media platform’s terms and conditions as posted on the respective social media platform;
· Submission must NOT contain any material that infringes or violates any right of a third party including copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights, other than those belonging to Sponsor;
· Submission must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of the Promotion Entities, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
· Submission must NOT contain any derogatory references to any of the Promotion Entities.
Note: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry in the Sweepstakes if Sponsor views the Submission as potentially infringing or otherwise a violation or potential violation of a third party’s rights or if it deems the Submission to be lacking in taste, quality, or to be otherwise objectionable. Entries must be made solely by the entrant. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website, e-mail address, or Social Platform account, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or phone number of entrants
Entrants understand that they are posting their Submission at their sole risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any claims arising from the Submissions, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of the respective social media platform’s terms and conditions.
Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. Furthermore, Sponsor shall have no liability for any entry that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Sponsor.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries, any entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the Social Platform account and/or email address submitted at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an account by Social Platform access provider, Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning Social Platform accounts or e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted Social Platform account or e-mail address. Entrants may not participate with multiple Social Platform accounts of the same platform, and/or email addresses nor may entrants use any device or artifice to enter as multiple entrants in the Sweepstakes. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple Social Platform accounts in the same platform, and/or multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to enter multiple times beyond the entry limitation stated above will be disqualified from participation and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for online entries in this Sweepstakes. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Twenty (20) Weekly winners (two hundred (200) total winners for the Promotion Period) will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received by the end of the respective Weekly period on or about the next business day by Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final. Any potential winner will be the entrant of the Submission that is associated with an entry that is randomly selected as a winning entry, subject to eligibility verification. Potential winners will be notified via direct message within seventy two (72) hours of the random drawing with instructions on how to verify eligibility and claim the prize using contact information provided or collected at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within two (2) business days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each entrant represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is the entrant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Submission is wholly original with the entrant; and (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally warrants that his/her Submission complies with and abides by the submission requirements as provided in the Official Rules. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Promotion Entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant into the Sweepstakes hereby irrevocably grants to Sponsor, its designees, affiliates, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display the Submission and/or in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol in perpetuity and throughout the universe for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes and other promotions. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein.
7. PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any entrant or winner of the Sweepstakes, each entrant irrevocably grants the Promotion Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant’s name, likeness, and biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes, without further compensation, notification, or permission in perpetuity and hereby releases the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
8. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS: Two Hundred (200) Grand Prizes are available (twenty (20) Weekly winners each Week of the Promotion Period). Each Grand Prize consists of a Bigelow Tea Mug, a Bigelow Tea Hat and one (1) box of Bigelow Tea (flavor to be awarded is at sole discretion of Sponsor) (ARV $23.09 ea. winner). Total ARV of all prizes $4,618.00. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received for each Weekly period. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Limit one (1) prize per person.
9. GENERAL: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that the Sweepstakes Entities (i) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes related activity, or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (ii) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, social media platforms or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the prize or in any prize notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the Sweepstakes and, in the event of any termination or cancellation, select any remaining winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the termination or cancellation provide a sufficient number of eligible Submissions have been received. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with the Sweepstakes, is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the applicable individual and seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provisions of these Official Rules are determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
10. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 5/15/17 to: Bigelow TeaProudly Sweepstakes, Attn: Winner’s List, P.O. Box 930175, Wixom, MI48393-930175. Winner’s list to be available after 4/15/17
13. SPONSOR: R.C. Bigelow, Inc., 201 Black Rock Turnpike, Fairfield, CT06825.
This SWEEPSTAKES is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER. instagraM AND TWITTER ARE completely released of all liability by each entrant in this SWEEPSTAKES.